Interim Resource Manager (Full-time)
In our homes, love, care, joy and spiritual well-being is practiced with the people we support, family and co-workers. And that’s what makes Bethesda a great place to work.
—Bethesda staff comment
In your experience supporting people with diverse abilities, you see the people you support like family. That closeness and sharing that develops with a loving heart, where it is not always obvious who is helping whom anymore. You are yearning for a new role where your organizational and leadership abilities can shine. And where you can shape a workplace that overflows with grace and respect.
At Bethesda, we are about creating community among the people we support, our staff, and our surrounding communities. We are all interdependent as we experience life together, and all valuable for the abilities we share. We know we learn from and need each other.
Do you have a heart for this vision and the skill to step into a new and challenging role? A resource manager position may be the next step in your journey.
As resource manager for a staff-supported home, you will join a team where the staff, families and people receiving services have a culture of supporting, celebrating, and enriching the interconnectedness of our communities. Your job is to develop person-centred care and inclusion opportunities for the people who participate in our services. You will create a workplace that supports and empowers staff to love and support these people and their families, and you will maintain administration systems to ensure effective and accountable operations.
As part of your role, you will walk alongside the people with diverse abilities, helping them with daily living skills, encouraging their growth and celebrating goals reached.
This is an interim full-time position. This position is ideal for an experienced leader who has worked directly with people who experience disabilities.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary: $72,800 – $75,920
- Hiring bonus: $100 at time of hire, another $200 after 1 year of continuous employment and completion of all job requirements.
- Excellent extended benefits package.
- 3 weeks vacation to start.
- Ongoing training and leadership professional development opportunities. For more information, see https://bethesdabc.com/leadership-training
- Exclusive employee discounts on a range of products and services through Bethesda’s Perkopolis account.
- Oversee and coordinate the support and care of the people who live in a staff-supported home.
- Provide growth-oriented community inclusion opportunities.
- Create a welcoming, loving space where relationships among people who live in the home, staff, families, and community partners are nourished and enriched.
- Facilitate external professional supports and community partnerships.
- Meet all health and safety standards.
- Administer budgets and report to supervisor.
- Be available on-call to assist staff.
- Provide training and oversight of positive behaviour supports.
- Implement life skills training.
- Explore vocational and volunteer opportunities for the people receiving services.
- Provide social, recreational and leisure activities with the community.
- A heart to support people with diverse abilities.
- A philosophy of care in line with Bethesda’s Christian foundations and guiding principles.
- Proven leadership experience and strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work effectively with people who have diverse abilities, their families, friends, staff, community, and extended support networks.
- Standard requirements (criminal record check, medical clearance, BC Class 4 driver’s licence [can be hired with BC Class 5 licence and must obtain BC Class 4], ICBC driving record, immunization history).
- Full COVID-19 immunization.
- Strong organizational and assessment skills with a high level of personal integrity, initiative and maturity.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to teach or train staff.
- Experience working with adults with disabilities, complex medical needs, and mental health & behavioural supports.
- Education background in a social services field preferred.
We are welcoming of applicants who desire to lead a team that values communication, trust, and healthy working relationships. These positions are ideal for well-organized, mature professionals who have a heart for serving.
Bethesda’s ministry is a Christian faith-based service. For more information about Bethesda, see our web page at www.bethesdabc.com
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: February 23, 2024
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants should reference posting #849.