Resource Manager (Full Time) (Richmond, BC)
“In our homes, love, care, joy and spiritual well-being is practiced with the individuals, family and co-workers. And that’s what makes Bethesda a great place to work.”
Staff comment from the Richmond Bethesda Community
In your experience supporting people with disabilities, you see the people you support like family. That closeness and sharing that develops with a loving heart, where it’s not always obvious who’s helping whom anymore. You’re yearning for a new role where your organizational and leadership abilities can shine. And where you can shape a workplace that overflows with grace and respect.
At Bethesda, we’re all about creating community among the people we support, our staff, and our surrounding communities. We are all interdependent as we experience life together, and all valuable for the abilities we share. We know we learn from and need each other.
Do you have a heart for this vision and the skill to step into a new and challenging role? The Resource Manager position may be the next step in your journey.
As Resource Manager for one of our homes in Richmond, you will join a team where the staff, families and people receiving services have a culture of supporting, celebrating, and enriching the interconnectedness of our communities. Your job is to develop person-centred care and inclusion opportunities for the people who live in the home. You will create a workplace that supports and empowers staff to love and support these people and their families, and you will maintain administration systems to ensure effective and accountable operations.
As part of your role, you will walk alongside the people who live in the home, helping them with daily living skills, encouraging their growth and celebrating goals reached.
This is a full-time position available. It is ideal for experienced leaders who have worked directly with people who have disabilities.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
• Competitive salary range: $55,307.20 - $60,028.80 commensurate with experience
• Excellent extended benefits package
• 3 weeks vacation to start
• Oversee and coordinate the health care of the four people who live in the home.
• Provide growth-oriented community inclusion opportunities for the people in the home.
• Create a welcoming, loving space where relationships among people who live in the homes, staff, families, and community partners are nourished and enriched
• Facilitate external professional supports and community partnerships
• Meet all health and safety standards in the home
• Administer budgets and report to supervisor
• Be available on-call to assist staff
• Provide training and oversight of positive behaviour supports
• Implement life skills training
• Explore vocational and volunteer opportunities for the people who live in the home
• Provide social, recreational and leisure activities with the community
• A heart to support people with disabilities
• Proven leadership experience and strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work effectively with people who have disabilities, their families, friends, staff, community and extended support networks
• Standard requirements (Criminal Record Check, Medical Clearance, Class 4 Driver’s License, Tuberculosis Screening, ICBC Driving Record, Immunization Records)
• Strong organizational and assessment skills with a high level of personal integrity, initiative and maturity
• Excellent communication skills and ability to teach or train staff
• Experience working with adults with disabilities
• Education background in a Social Services field preferred
• A philosophy of care in line with Bethesda’s philosophy of Christian service and support for people with disabilities
We are welcoming of applicants who desire to lead a team that values communication, trust and healthy working relationships. This position is ideal for a well-organized, mature professional who has a heart for serving.
Bethesda’s ministry is a Christian faith-based service.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Until Filled
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants may apply online here.... or email, mail, or FAX a resume and covering letter to:
Chief Human Resources Officer
Bethesda Christian Association
105 - 2975 Gladwin Rd. Abbotsford, BC V2T 5T4
(Only selected applicants will be contacted).