Manager of Residential Home
You will fall in love. 4 endearing people and an enthusiastic and dedicated support staff are looking for a leader in their sunny Penticton home!
You have an unceasing commitment to a world that makes room for people of all abilities. In your experience supporting people with disabilities, you’ve seen firsthand how people of all abilities thrive when we thrive together. That insight fuels your vision for transforming a home with 4 residents and a dedicated and loving staff to a vision of inclusion, reciprocal relationships and lifestyles rooted in true belonging.
Do you have a heart for this vision and the skills to step into a new and challenging role?
Penticton, BC. Relocation allowance is available.
When’s the last time you checked out Penticton? You’re in for a treat.. visit at Instagram.com/visitpenticton/
As Manager for Bethesda’s home in Penticton, you will join a team of Okanagan area homes where the staff, families and people receiving services have a culture of supporting, celebrating, and enriching the interconnectedness of our communities. As part of your role, you will walk alongside the 4 people who live in the home, helping them with daily living skills, creating inclusion opportunities, encouraging their growth and celebrating goals reached. You will create a workspace that supports and empowers staff, and you will maintain effective administration systems to ensure effective and accountable operations.
To be successful, you need to thrive. You will be supported by a leadership team that mentors and encourages you along the way. Our onboarding and ongoing training in leadership and our management systems will give you the proficiency you need to flourish in your new role.
This is a full-time position, available immediately, which requires leadership and experience in supporting people with disabilities.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
• Competitive salary range: $57,000-62,000 commensurate with experience
• Excellent extended benefits package, including pension plan
• Flex days 2/month; 3 weeks vacation to start
• Ongoing leadership training and support provided
• Create a welcoming, loving space where relationships are nourished and enriched among people who live in the home, staff, families, and community partners
• Facilitate external professional supports and community partnerships
• Administer budget and report to supervisor
• Support people in the home
• Oversee and coordinate the health care of the people who live in the home, and meet all health and safety standards
• Provide growth-oriented community inclusion, vocational and volunteer opportunities
• Implement life skills training
• Lead your support workers
• Be available on-call to assist staff
• Provide staff training and oversight of positive behaviour supports
• A heart to support people with diverse abilities
• Experience working with adults with diverse abilities (including autism, mental health, behavioural and physical/medical challenges)
• Strong organizational and assessment skills with a high level of personal integrity, initiative and maturity
• Excellent communication skills and ability to teach or train staff
• Education background in a Social Services field preferred
• A philosophy of care in line with Bethesda’s philosophy of Christian service and support for people with diverse abilities
• Standard requirements for Managers at Bethesda (Criminal Record Check, Medical Clearance, Class 4 Driver’s License, Tuberculosis Screening, ICBC Driving Record, Immunization Records)