Summer Camp Worker
Are you drawn to working with youth and have a heart to serve others? Does seeing young people thrive before your very eyes fill you with joy? Be part of a world of possibilities for youth with diverse abilities. Spend your summer as a summer day camp worker and get caught up in the enthusiasm. Dare to be impacted!
Bethesda’s summer day camp offers a world of possibility and inclusion for school-age youth with diverse abilities. Between 8 and 18 youth and families receive support from July through August. Each child is encouraged to develop their full abilities as they participate in interesting and fun activities and form long-lasting friendships.
No previous experience is needed as you will receive training and be supported throughout. Five positions ranging from 30 to 35 hours/week are available from June 20 through August 26. You will be supervised and supported by the summer camp leadership staff.
Eligible applicants must be between 19 and 30 years, hold a Class 5 driver’s license and be willing to obtain an unrestricted Class 4 license by date of hire. COVID-19 immunization is required.
IN THIS JOB YOU WILL
• Plan and lead fun and age-appropriate crafts, games, activities and excursions.
• Support 2-8 youth alongside other team members.
• Maintain the health and safety of the young people.
• Receive training and be supported by the summer camp manager.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE JOB
• Enthusiasm, energy and a heart to serve youth with diverse abilities.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively.
• Integrity, good judgment, initiative and maturity.
BENEFITS OF THIS JOB
• Valuable training and experiences that will contribute to future employment in a wide range of careers.
• Training will be provided.
• $18.27 – $19.27/hr, between 30 and 35 hours/week.
Summer day camp is where lives are changed. Experience the impact!
Interested applicants may apply online at bethesdabc.com/careers/ or email a resume, cover letter, and references to the director of Family Support and Community Development at Careers@BethesdaBC.com.
Deadline for applying is April 29, 2022
Applicants should reference posting #817.