Resource Support Manager (Full-Time)
Fraser Valley, BC
In our homes, love, care, joy and spiritual well-being is practiced with the people we support, family and co-workers. And that’s what makes Bethesda a great place to work. Bethesda staff quote
In your experience supporting people with disabilities, you see the people you support like family. That closeness and sharing develops with a loving heart, where it’s not always obvious who’s helping whom anymore. You are yearning for a new role where your organizational and leadership abilities can shine. And where you can shape a workplace that overflows with grace and respect.
At Bethesda, we are about creating community among the people we support, our staff, and our surrounding communities. We are all interdependent as we experience life together, and all valuable for the abilities we share. We know we learn from and need each other.
Do you have a heart for this vision and the skill to step into a new and challenging role? A resource support manager position may be the next step in your journey.
As resource support manager, you will provide support to Bethesda’s existing resource management team. Your job is to provide crisis and interim supports to existing peer managers, as well as provide interim supports when there are gaps in management personnel. You will be trained in management responsibilities in a variety of Bethesda services. You must have strong administrative and staff leadership skills.
As part of your role, you will walk alongside the people with diverse abilities, helping them with daily living skills, encouraging their growth and celebrating goals reached. You must be able to lead supports for individuals with a variety of support needs in areas such as personal care, medical care, and positive behavioural supports.
This position will involve a combination of in-person supports within the Fraser Valley, remote support to managers, and occasional out-of-region travel.
This is a permanent full-time position. It is anticipated that this position will transition to a permanent resource manager assignment within the Fraser Valley. This is a unique opportunity for a seasoned leader with experience in the community living (or a related) sector.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
• Competitive salary range: $59,945 – $65,062.
• Excellent extended benefits package.
• 3 weeks vacation to start.
• Ongoing training and leadership professional development opportunities.
• Provide crisis, interim, and remote support to Bethesda’s existing management team.
• Oversee and coordinate the support and care of the people who participate in Bethesda services
• Provide growth-oriented community inclusion opportunities.
• Create a welcoming, loving space where relationships among people receiving services, staff, families, and community partners are nourished and enriched.
• Facilitate external professional supports and community partnerships.
• Meet all health and safety standards.
• Administer budgets and report to supervisor.
• Be available on-call to assist staff.
• Provide training and oversight of positive behaviour supports and delegated healthcare tasks
• Implement life skills training.
• Explore vocational and volunteer opportunities for the people receiving services.
• Provide social, recreational and leisure activities with the community.
• A heart to support people with diverse abilities.
• Proven leadership experience and strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work effectively with people who have diverse abilities, their families, friends, staff, community and extended support networks.
• Standard requirements (criminal record check, medical clearance, Class 4 driver’s license (minimum Class 5 required upon hire), tuberculosis screening, ICBC driving record, immunization records).
• Full COVID-19 immunization.
• Strong organizational and assessment skills with a high level of personal integrity, initiative and maturity.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to teach or train staff.
• Experience working with adults with diverse abilities.
• Education background in a social services field preferred.
• A philosophy of care in line with Bethesda’s philosophy of Christian service and support for people with disabilities.
We are welcoming of applicants who desire to lead a team that values communication, trust and healthy working relationships. These positions are ideal for well-organized and mature professionals who have a heart for serving. Bethesda’s ministry is a Christian faith-based service. For more information about Bethesda, see our web page at www.bethesdabc.com.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Until filled.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants may apply online at bethesdabc.com/careers/ or submit a resume, cover letter, and references to the chief human resources officer via email (Careers@BethesdaBC.com) or mail to 2775 Emerson Street, Abbotsford, BC V2T 4H8.
Applicants should reference posting #844.