Registered Nurses - Kelowna
Want to practice your profession, make a difference, and come home at the end of the day with energy? This could be your dream job.
In our staffed residential homes, we support up to four people with intellectual disabilities who require professional nursing care. You work in one or two attractive and very personalized homes. The belief that each person receiving support has something unique and important to offer contributes to an environment of growth and thriving for all, staff included. As a member of a supportive team, you practice your profession in a holistic way, contributing your expertise to the overall well-being and physical, recreational, emotional, cultural and spiritual goals of each person. In this community home setting, you are blessed with the time to attend to details you could only wish for in a fast-paced hospital setting or busy medical clinic.
• Provide regular, ongoing nursing assessment of each person receiving services
• Report all written assessment information to the Resource Manager
• Make recommendations to the Resource Manager regarding health issues for people supported
• Liaise with community health care professionals and report all communication to the Resource Manager
• Participate in Circle of Support meetings (i.e. Person-Centred Planning, Care Plan, crisis planning) relevant to the health care needs of the people receiving services
• Work collaboratively with the Resource Manager, Director of Services and consulting medical and rehabilitation professions (e.g. Health Services for Community Living [HSCL]) to develop and implement healthcare plans, care plans, and protocols
• Accompany the people supported to medical appointments, medical tests, and hospital emergencies as required
• Identify health related in-service training needs
• Train staff on procedures as detailed in the health care plans
• Provide on call support to address medical concerns and emergency support when needed
• Excellent extended benefits package, including pension plan and 3 weeks vacation to start, is provided to permanent positions with guaranteed hours of 20 or more/week
• Registered Nurse, currently registered with BCCNP, and responsible for meeting the BCCNP Professional Standards in their practice
• A positive team player who works cooperatively with a diverse support team
• Belief that a person receiving support has something unique and important to offer
• Ability to operate lifts and perform transfers
• Day and evening shifts and available for shared on-call overnight
• Standard requirements: TB test, Criminal Record Check, Immunization history, Doctor’s written verification of good health
This role is ideal for an RN seeking work/life balance and a meaningful area of specialization. No previous experience with people with intellectual disabilities is required. Applicants must have a philosophy of care in line with Bethesda’s philosophy of Christian service and support for people with diverse abilities. You will receive training and learn how to interact with and support the unique needs of each person.
Bethesda’s ministry is a Christian faith-based service.
Build heart-to-heart relationships with the people you are supporting.
Interested applicants may apply online or email, mail, or fax a resume and cover letter to the Chief Human Resources Officer.
105-2975 Gladwin Rd, Abbotsford BC V2T 5T4
email@example.com fax 604.850.724