Office Coordinator - Abbotsford
Does meeting the needs of others motivate you? Does helping solve problems and directing people to what they need bring you joy? The office coordinator is a forward-facing position and highly rewarding for a person motivated by finding ways to make life easier for others and cultivating a strong support network among the office team. As office coordinator, you are the go-to person for the office staff team, as well as the first person visitors meet when they enter the office. Your thoughtfulness and initiative will facilitate office processes and contribute to a smooth-running office. In return you will feel needed, accepted and appreciated.
WHO WE ARE
Bethesda has been supporting people with diverse abilities and their families in BC for over 50 years with a variety of services that support their well-being, hopes and dreams. Bethesda is known for its faith-based values and the quality relationships we share with those we support.
You will be working with a team of administrative assistants and managerial staff at our provincial office. Conveniently located in the business core of Abbotsford BC, the Bethesda provincial office offers an easy commute within Abbotsford and from neighbouring communities in Langley, Chilliwack and Mission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Welcome people to the office and receive/direct phone calls, providing excellent public relations.
• Ensure equipment is maintained and supplies are ordered for the office.
• Coordinate bookings for office space and vehicles.
• Coordinate registration for staff training and activities.
• Create/review/edit forms, reports and other documents.
• Assist with agency functions.
• Provide support with other agency administrative needs.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Proficient computer skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Self-directed, intuitive and be able to take initiative.
• Able to work collaboratively with others.
• Strong communication and writing skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Possession of Canadian, landed immigrant or legal working status.
• Full COVID-19 immunization.
BENEFITS OF THIS JOB
• Training will be provided.
• Competitive salary: $21.95-$26.35/hr.
• 3 weeks vacation to start.
• Excellent extended benefits package, including pension plan.
• Opportunities to contribute to an evolving administrative team.
• A work environment committed to encouraging communication, trust, and relationship-building.
At Bethesda, we create community among the people we serve, our staff and our surrounding communities. We are all interdependent as we experience life together, and all valuable for the abilities we share. We know we learn from and need each other to thrive.
Bethesda’s ministry is a Christian faith-based service. For more information about Bethesda, visit us at bethesdabc.com
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: August 21, 2022
Interested applicants may apply online at bethesdabc.com/careers/ or email a resume, cover letter, and references to the chief human resources officer at Careers@BethesdaBC.com. Applicants should reference posting #825.