Meal Coordinator for an Apartment Community
(Part-time Contract Position)
“you feel like a big family, where you can lift each other up and help each other be the best you can be.” Member of the Bethesda Community
Do you have a desire to be a part of an inspirational apartment community where people are accepted with all their abilities? Where the interdependence of us all makes us stronger? If you have a call to bring your gifts and skills to this unique opportunity, you might be the person we are seeking.
This role is a part-time, contract position. As the Meal Coordinator, you will plan 5 evening meals per week and be responsible for preparing 3 of the meals. You have the option of recruiting and training workers to prepare up to 2 of the 3 meals. If you do recruit people to cook, you will be responsible for sub-contracting, training, supporting, and paying them. You will also arrange for a replacement for when you are away or when your sub-contractors are away. You will collaborate with the on-site Caretaker, who will prepare the remaining 2 meals.
This role is more than just a job. It will involve setting your own schedule, but being available on the evenings you prepare meals, to participate actively with the people who live in the apartment. As such this will be suitable for someone who values relationships and the reciprocity that comes from a giving heart.
LOCATION: Smithers, BC
• Develop menu plans for 5 evening meals per week
• Cook a minimum of 1 meal, and coordinate subcontractors for the other meals
• Develop relationships with the 6 tenants and their supporting community
• Complete required reports
• Contract with Bethesda $1667/mo
• Community dinners with the tenants (1-3/wk)
• Develop friendly & supportive relationships with tenants
• Be welcoming and friendly to people who visit tenants
• Prepare and share or arrange for shared evening meals in the common area of the Apartment¬
• Lead Bible reading and prayer time after meals
• Recruit, coordinate, train, and support dinnertime sub-contractor(s)
• Encourage tenants to live as independently as possible and participate in home and community activities
• Be attentive to safety/health related concerns
Bethesda’s ministry is a Christian faith-based service. For more information, please visit us at www.bethesdabc.com
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: September 30, 2020
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are excited about this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to Bethesda’s Chief Human Resources Officer. You may apply online, fax your submission to 604-850-7242, or email life@BethesdaBC.com. Only selected applicants will be contacted.