Meal Coordinator for an Apartment Community
Part-time contract position, Smithers, BC.
“You feel like a big family, where you can lift each other up and help each other be the best you can be.” Member of the Bethesda Community
Do you have a desire to be a part of an inspirational apartment community where people are accepted with all their abilities? Where the interdependence of us all makes us stronger? If you have a call to bring your gifts and skills to this unique opportunity, you might be the person we are seeking.
This role is a part-time, contract position. As the meal coordinator, you will plan 5 evening meals per week and be responsible for preparing 1-3 of the meals. You will collaborate with the on-site caretaker, who will prepare the remaining 2 meals. You will also arrange for a replacement for when you are away.
The meal coordinator role is more than just a job. It will involve setting your own schedule, but being available on the evenings you prepare meals, to participate actively with the people who live in the apartment. As such this will be suitable for someone who values relationships and the reciprocity that comes from a giving heart.
LOCATION: Smithers, BC
• Develop menu plans for 5 evening meals per week.
• Cook 1-3 evening meals/week.
• Develop relationships with the 6 tenants and their supporting community.
• Complete required reports.
• Contract with Bethesda $1667/mo.
• Community dinners with the tenants (3/wk).
• Have experience in planning and preparing nutritious meals.
• Source and shop for meal ingredients.
• Develop friendly & supportive relationships with tenants.
• Be welcoming and friendly to people who visit tenants.
• Prepare and share or arrange for shared evening meals in the common area of the apartment.
• Lead Bible reading and prayer time.
• Encourage tenants to live as independently as possible and participate in home and community activities.
• Be attentive to safety/health related concerns.
Bethesda’s ministry is a Christian faith-based service. Click here for more information.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
January 7, 2022
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants may apply online or email or mail a resume and cover letter to:
Chief Human Resources Officer
2775 Emerson St. Abbotsford, BC V2T 4H8
Applicants should reference posting #827.