Manager of Finance - Abbotsford
Are you interested in a work environment that values your expertise and welcomes your innovative ideas for improving workplace practices and systems? At Bethesda you will be an integral part of the finance department as we restructure and grow with new technologies.
Bethesda has been supporting people with intellectual disabilities and their families in BC for over 45 years with a wide variety of services that support their hopes and dreams. Bethesda is known for our faith-based values and the quality relationships we share with those we serve.
Do you have a heart for this vision and the skill to step into a new and challenging role? The Manager of Finance position may be the next step in your career.
This position assumes responsibility for overseeing the full-cycle finances of Bethesda and team members, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer to provide reliable, accurate and professional information to our stakeholders. This is a full-time position, available to start immediately, and based in Bethesda’s Provincial Office, located in Abbotsford, BC. It is ideal for an experienced leader with a CPA designation and working knowledge of finance and not-for-profits.
• Complete full-cycle accounting procedures with revenues over $20 million
• Complete reconciliations for banking records and government funding contracts
• Apply CRA’s rules and regulations for registered charities
• Prepare and submit reports for external agencies
• Oversee and supervise administrative staff
• Assist with government funding and requests
• Assist with preparing budgets and financial statements
• Ensure deposits are processed and donation receipts issued
• Ensure approved purchases are made and processed
• Prepare income tax returns for people we support
• A CPA designation
• Working knowledge of Accounting Standards for Not-For-Profit Organizations
• Experience with not-for-profit or registered charities
• Proficient with full cycle bookkeeping, knowledge and skills
• Strong interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills with a high level of personal integrity, initiative and maturity
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others
• Excellent communication and assessment skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Proficient computer skills with advance knowledge of MS Office, QuickBooks and Adobe
• A philosophy in line with Bethesda’s philosophy of Christian service and of support for people with disabilities
• A work environment committed to encouraging communication, trust, and relationship-building
• Competitive annual salary range: $60,320 – 66,560
• Excellent extended benefits package, including pension plan
• 3 weeks vacation to start
• COVID safe working environment with physical distancing protocols and cleaning practices in place
We are welcoming of applicants who value communication, trust, and healthy working relationships. This position is ideal for a well-organized, mature professional who has a heart for serving.
Bethesda’s ministry is a Christian faith-based service.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: extended to November 30, 2020
If you are excited about this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to Bethesda’s Chief Human Resources Officer, referencing #826. You may apply online, fax your submission to 604-850-7242, or email life@BethesdaBC.com. Only selected applicants will be contacted.