Interim Resource Managers - temporary, full-time
Abbotsford and Chilliwack
Coverage for two leaves of absence.
In our homes, love, care, joy and spiritual well-being is practiced with the people we support, family and co-workers. And that’s what makes Bethesda a great place to work. Bethesda staff quote
In your experience supporting people with disabilities, you see the people you support like family. There’s a closeness and sharing that develops with a loving heart, where it’s not always obvious who’s helping whom anymore. You are yearning for a new role where your organizational and leadership abilities can shine. And where you can shape a workplace that overflows with grace and respect.
At Bethesda, we are about creating community among the people we support, our staff, and our surrounding communities. We are all interdependent as we experience life together, and all valuable for the abilities we share. We know we learn from and need each other.
Do you have a heart for this vision and the skill to step into a new and challenging role? A resource manager position may be the next step in your journey.
As resource manager for a community inclusion day service and a staffed home, you will join a team where the staff, families and people receiving services have a culture of supporting, celebrating, and enriching the interconnectedness of our communities. Your job is to develop person-centred care and inclusion opportunities for the people who participate in our services. You will create a workplace that supports and empowers staff to love and support these people and their families, and you will maintain administration systems to ensure effective and accountable operations.
As part of your role, you will walk alongside the people with diverse abilities, helping them with daily living skills, encouraging their growth and celebrating goals reached.
These are temporary, full-time positions covering for leaves. They are ideal for experienced leaders who have worked directly with people who have disabilities.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
• Competitive salary range: $59,945 – $65,062.
• Excellent extended benefits package.
• 3 weeks vacation to start.
• Ongoing training and leadership professional development opportunities.
• Oversee and coordinate the support and care of the people who live in the staffed home and/or participate in the community inclusion activites at a Bethesda day service.
• Provide growth-oriented community inclusion opportunities.
• Create a welcoming, loving space where relationships among people, staff, families, and community partners are nourished and enriched.
• Facilitate external professional supports and community partnerships.
• Meet all health and safety standards.
• Administer budgets and report to supervisor.
• Be available on-call to assist staff.
• Provide training and oversight of positive behaviour supports.
• Implement life skills training.
• Explore vocational and volunteer opportunities for the people receiving services.
• Provide social, recreational and leisure activities within the community.
• A heart to support people with diverse abilities.
• Proven leadership experience and strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work effectively with people who have diverse abilities, their families, friends, staff, community and extended support networks.
• Standard requirements (criminal record check, medical clearance, Class 4 driver’s license (minimum Class 5 required upon hire), tuberculosis screening, ICBC driving record, immunization records).
• Full COVID-19 immunization.
• Strong organizational and assessment skills with a high level of personal integrity, initiative and maturity.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to teach or train staff.
• Experience working with adults with disabilities.
• Education background in a social services field preferred.
• A philosophy of care in line with Bethesda’s philosophy of Christian service and support for people with disabilities.
We are welcoming of applicants who desire to lead a team that values communication, trust and healthy working relationships. These positions are ideal for well-organized and mature professionals who have a heart for serving.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: until filled
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants may apply online at bethesdabc.com/careers/ or submit a resume, cover letter, and references to the chief human resources officer via email (Careers@BethesdaBC.com) or mail to 2775 Emerson Street, Abbotsford, BC V2T 4H8.
Applicants should reference posting #843.