Full-time position providing assistance to the CFO
Do you crave a dynamic work environment that welcomes your innovative ideas for improving work-place practices and systems? Where your gifts are recognized and given opportunity to shine? At Bethesda you’ll be an integral part of our administration team as we re-structure and grow into new technologies.
WHO WE ARE:
Bethesda has been supporting people with intellectual disabilities and their families in BC for over 45 years with a wide variety of services that support their hopes and dreams. Bethesda is known for our faith-based values and the quality relationships we share with those we serve.
You will be working with a team of 7, along with over 15 other provincial office managerial staff. Conveniently located in the business core of Abbotsford BC, the Bethesda provincial office offers an easy commute within Abbotsford and from neighbouring communities in Langley, Chilliwack and Mission.
IN THIS JOB YOU WILL:
• Complete reconciliations for banking records and government fund contracts
• Assist with preparing budgets and financial statements
• Assist with government reports
• Process deposits and Issue donation receipts
• Process and pay approved purchases
• Prepare income tax returns for people supported
• Proficient with bookkeeping knowledge and skills
• Pursuing a Professional Accounting Designation
• Self-directed, able to take initiative and be intuitive
• Able to work collaboratively with others
• Have good communication and writing skills
• Have strong organizational and time management skills
• Have proficient computer skills with advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PDF, and Accounting software
BENEFITS OF THIS JOB:
• Competitive salary range: $20.50 – $24.61 per hour
• 3 weeks vacation to start
• Excellent extended benefits package, including pension plan
• Opportunities to contribute to an evolving administrative team
• A work environment committed to encouraging communication, trust, and relationship-building
THINK ABOUT THIS:
We know you’re an accomplished admin assistant in accounting, but surprise us with your hidden gifts and we promise we’ll keep you interested and engaged.
If this job challenge intrigues you, apply now.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: March 27, 2020
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants may apply online here....
or mail/email a resume and covering letter to:
Bethesda Christian Association
Attention: Chief Human Resources Director
105 – 2975 Gladwin Rd. Abbotsford, BC V2T 5T4