Director of Services, Okanagan, BC
“In our home, love, care, joy and spiritual well-being is practiced with the individuals, family and co-workers. And that’s what makes Bethesda a great place to work.”
Staff comment from the Richmond Bethesda Community
In your experience supporting people with disabilities, you see the people you support like family. That closeness and sharing that develops with a loving heart, where it is not always obvious who is helping whom anymore. You are yearning for a new role where your organizational and leadership abilities can shine. And where you can shape a workplace that overflows with grace and respect.
At Bethesda, we are all about creating community among the people we support, our staff, and our surrounding communities. We are all interdependent as we experience life together, and all valuable for the abilities we share. We know we learn from and need each other.
Do you have a heart for this vision and the skill to step into a new and challenging role? The Director of Services position may be the next step in your journey.
Based in Okanagan, BC
As a Director of Services, you will be joining a highly collaborative and supportive team of professionals. You will participate in the team’s efforts to further develop and enhance services of an ever-expanding organization.
This position assumes full responsibility of supervising and supporting Resource Managers who oversee various Residential and Community Inclusion Services in the Okanagan, ensuring that desired objectives are met. This is a full-time position, available May 2020. It is ideal for an experienced leader who has worked directly with people who have disabilities.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience
• Excellent extended benefits package
• 3 weeks vacation to start
• Relocation package available
• Recruit, supervise, mentor and monitor Resource Managers to ensure quality operations of Bethesda’s resources and proper support to people receiving services
• Screen, interview and recommend people for placement into appropriate service areas
• Participate in the development and implementation of new initiatives, and in services and resource development for the agency
• Coordinate and conduct staff training and career development
• Lead Human Resources functions in the Okanagan including labour relations, staff performance and investigations, and recruitment
• Participate in ongoing development and implementation of services policies and procedures
• Liaise with community resources and government workers
• Complete funding proposals and assessments
• Oversee and maintain reporting systems
• Ensure the agency achieves and maintains accreditation
• Oversee the agency emergency preparedness plan and risk management
• Communicate accurately and fully with supervisor
• Attend meetings as required
• Share on call responsibilities with other Directors of Services
• Strong interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills with a high level of personal integrity, initiative and maturity
• Degree in Social Services field preferred
• A philosophy of care in line with Bethesda’s philosophy of Christian service and of support for people with disabilities
• Excellent communication, mediation skills, and assessment skills
• Ability to work as a member of the team as well as being able to work independently
• Previous experience working with adults living with disabilities (including Mental Health, FASD, Behavioural)
• Willingness to be available for flexible working hours and access to own vehicle.
• Good computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel
We are welcoming of applicants who desire to lead a team that values communication, trust and healthy working relationships. This position is ideal for a well-organized, mature professional who has a heart for serving.
Bethesda’s ministry is a Christian faith-based service.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: April 15, 2020
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are excited about this position, please submit to Bethesda’s Chief Human Resources Officer, a resume and cover letter referencing #816. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
Interested applicants may apply online here.... or email, or mail, or FAX a resume and covering letter to:
Bethesda Christian Association
105 - 2975 Gladwin Rd. Abbotsford, BC V2T 5T4