Chief Operations Officer
“Making a positive impact in the lives of the people we support, seeing them
happy, feeling valued and included is what it is all about!”
Staff Member of the Bethesda Community
At Bethesda, we’re about creating community among the people we serve, our staff, and our surrounding communities. We are all interdependent as we experience life together, and valuable for the abilities we share.
Do you have a heart for this vision ? Do you have the skill and sector experience to lead a thriving organization? The Chief Operations Officer position is waiting for you.
The Chief Operations Officer oversees Bethesda’s operations, ensuring quality services, a smooth functioning organization, and growth and development.
• Oversee the Association’s programs and services
• Lead a team of highly competent Directors
• Lead organizational growth and development
• Motivate and mentor Bethesda’s team of leaders
• Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
• Competitive salary range: $85,000-90,000 commensurate with experience
• Excellent extended benefits package, including pension plan
• Flex days 2 d/month and 3 weeks vacation to start
• Oversee Operations
o Administer and oversee Bethesda’s program and services
o Direct the growth and development of the organization
o Develop and administer operations budgets
o Liaise with funders and regulatory agencies and negotiate contracts
o Prepare funding and contract proposals
o Review and update program policies and procedures to provide quality services
o Guide the development of risk management and emergency preparedness plans
o Liaise with Human Resources to ensure all human resource requirements, practices and policies are being followed
• Development and Implementation of Organizational Goals
o Develop and implement strategic plans for the organization’s service areas, and recognize opportunities for growth in
o Implement marketing goals in communications
o Stay informed of evolving sector-related priorities and stay current in trends and research
o Lead fundraising initiatives
o Lead CARF Accreditation Surveys
o Ensure Quality Improvement Plans are created and completed
• Management of Supervisory Staff
o Provide leadership to Bethesda’s team of experienced leaders, including opportunities for mentoring and development
o Provide crisis management support for Supervisory Team
• Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills complemented with efficient decision-making and implementation.
• Achievement in developing and managing service programs.
• High level of personal integrity and discernment.
• A philosophy of care in line with Bethesda’s philosophy of Christian service and support for people with intellectual disabilities.
• Ability to negotiate and mediate with diplomacy and confidence.
• Effective in conflict resolution situations.
• Ability to work under pressure and multi-task.
• Education in a related discipline
• Leadership experience in the Community Living Sector
• Experience working with Community Living British Columbia (CLBC)
• Competent computer usage skills: data entry, data processing, communication and reporting.
• Experience working with adults with intellectual disabilities (including mental health, FASD, or behavioural).
We are welcoming of applicants who desire to lead a team that values communication, trust and healthy working relationships. This position is ideal for a well-organized, mature professional who has a heart for serving.
Bethesda’s ministry is a Christian faith-based service. For more information about Bethesda Christian Association, see our web page at www.bethesdabc.com
Preference may be given to candidates having previous experience with CLBC’s FGT’s and Contracts’ processes.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION:
February 28, 2019
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants may apply online here.... or email, mail, or FAX a resume and covering letter to:
Bethesda Christian Association
Attention: Chief Human Resources Officer
105 – 2975 Gladwin Rd. Abbotsford, BC V2T 5T4